Friday, February 5, 2010

INFLUENCES


Many people i've came across in my life have influenced my whether they were aware of it or not. These unique people include everyone from a lovely lady who comes in my bank that doesn't have more than a single space heater in her home (which was really uplifting to listen to how she made it through our ice storm just a few days ago) to what someone wears or how they carry themselves. The most influential person in my life has by far been my priceless mother. She's worked 2 jobs to support my brother and I, always encouraged me to follow my dreams, lived in the United States away from all her family in Canada so my brother and I could finish school, and been my best friend through thick and thin. Although much has changed since high school, she's still had the greatest impact on my life. In regards to seeing things from a different perspective and being a better listener to what people have to say or teach me, I do believe I am better at these types of qualities and that being such a person can really make you see the world from a different view. Letting people into your life can be very influential and beneficial so I think letting my gaurd down has really made me a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment